Mamo Pedro Juan, an Elder from the Santa Marta mountains in Colombia, told me that my planet is my mother’s body, it is the sacred territory where I come from, where the rivers are the veins and the water is our blood.” There is a phrase in Spanish: poner el cuerpo (giving your body) which means not just to talk, think or desire, but to be present and involved. In the case of Caycedo, she is putting her whole being in action in an effort to preserve the natural world.
Sounds and Colours
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Baltic Crew team can interpret the artworks and help bring meaning and understanding to the exhibition.
- Sound or light levels – can be adjusted.
- Folding seats – ask Baltic Crew or pick up a stool from the racks.
- Free exhibition tours - chat to Baltic Crew to find out when the next tour takes place.
- For our full building accessibility and facilities information visit here
Discover what's on
Sahej Rahal Mythmachine
24 Sep 2022 – 12 Feb 2023
Inspired by folklore and science fiction, artist Sahej Rahal summons strange spectacles and opens a portal to a virtual world in exhibition Mythmachine.
20 Oct 2022 – 30 Apr 2023
Hinterlands is a group exhibition that invites us to consider our relationship with the land and its ecosystems.