Mamo Pedro Juan, an Elder from the Santa Marta mountains in Colombia, told me that my planet is my mother’s body, it is the sacred territory where I come from, where the rivers are the veins and the water is our blood.” There is a phrase in Spanish: poner el cuerpo (giving your body) which means not just to talk, think or desire, but to be present and involved. In the case of Caycedo, she is putting her whole being in action in an effort to preserve the natural world.
Sounds and Colours
- Our friendly and knowledgeable Baltic Crew team can interpret the artworks and help bring meaning and understanding to the exhibition.
- Sound or light levels – can be adjusted.
- Folding seats – ask Baltic Crew or pick up a stool from the racks.
- Free exhibition tours - chat to Baltic Crew to find out when the next tour takes place.
- For our full building accessibility and facilities information visit here
Discover what's on
Wonder & Wander Tour
Every Wednesday | 10:30am | Drop in
Join Kitty the Kittiwake with your little one, for a Wonder & Wander around one of our current exhibitions.
Opening 7 December 2024
7 December 2024 – 2 June 2025 | 10am-6pm
Mani Kambo is a multidisciplinary Newcastle-based artist who explores the inner spirit by drawing on her own personal totemic symbols, influenced by her…