We have added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar across our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
Recite Me is innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors view BALTIC's website and use it in the way that works best for them.
For more information on Recite Me, check out their website here. This helps the one in five people in the UK who have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, to access BALTIC's website in the way that suits them best. It also meets the needs of the one in ten people in the UK who don’t speak English as their first language, by being able to translate our web content into over 100 different languages.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the black button called 'Accessibility Tools'. This now appears in the top left hand corner on every page of the website. After you click on the button the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
How does Recite Me help me access this website?
Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do, like find information about how to access BALTIC's services, publications and public programme.
The Recite Me toolbar has a unique range of functions:
- Text read aloud in a natural voice
- 35 different language options
- Voice speed controls
- Word by word highlighting
- Download the text as an MP3 file
- Text size, colour and font customisation including Open-Dyslexic
- Website background colour
- Link, ruler and screen mask colours
- Plain text where styling is stripped away leaving text only
- Ruler to read line by line
- Reading Mask removing 90% of the website
- Magnifier to zoom into sections
- Margins to position content in the best place for you
- Dictionary & Thesaurus
One in ten people don't speak English as their first language. Recite Me translates content into over 100 languages, including 35 text to speech voices.
Can I get support with Recite Me?
If you have any questions about using Recite Me you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07711 392448.