A Visual Story: Michael Rakowitz
Find out what to expect when visiting Michael Rakowitz The Waiting Gardens of the North with this Visual Story guide - a guide with words and pictures. It is sometimes called a Social Narrative.
Important Allergen Information
Visitor Notice: Level 4 + Level 5
Please be aware the Level 4 exhibition contains plants, flowers and pollen.
There are also dried herbs/spices within Level 4 that may have had contact with Mustard, Celery and Sesame.
If you have allergens related to any of these please speak to a member of Baltic Crew before visiting Level 4 or Level 5.
- You will find this gallery on the Fourth Floor. It can also be viewed from above from Level 5.
- As you approach this exhibition, you will encounter a large green painted wall with the title of this exhibition 'Michael Rakowitz, The Waiting Gardens of the North' and alongside it, dates of the exhibition.
- On the left wall, there is information about events and workshops related to this exhibition.
- On the right wall, there are exhibition credits and information about supporters of this exhibition.
- As you enter the exhibition doorway you will encounter a number of wooden structures and a lot of plants.
- These structures are of varying height.
- The wooden structures contain plants, sand, and stones, and sometimes have benched areas where you can sit.
- The flooring around this exhibition is wooden.
- There will be a Baltic Crew member in the gallery, they are there to help and assist you with any questions.
- You can travel around the exhibition in any direction.
- In some sections, there will be description text on the wall.
- These will give you further information about the exhibition and local organisations.
- As you travel into the exhibition there is a large panel positioned centrally. This is made out of recycled plastics.
- As you travel further into the gallery, there are more plants and areas to rest,.
- There is a small bridge structure, with plants on top.
- There are a variety of flowers and herbs drying on racks.
- Towards the back of the exhibition, there are benches and tables, feel free to rest here.
- Sometimes there will be events or workshops on these benches.
- Take as long as you want in this exhibition, there is no time limit.
- Once you are ready to leave this gallery, head back and exit the same way you entered.