BALTIC is an inclusive place to visit, where everyone is welcome. There are a range of facilities available to help you make the most of your visit, some of which can be booked in advance. We look forward to welcoming you to BALTIC in the future. You can download BALTIC’s full Accessibility Guide here.
BALTIC is open Wednesday-Sunday, 10.00-18.00.
BALTIC offers the following accessibility facilities:
- Walking stick stools
- Wheelchairs (booking advised)
- Tri-wheel walkers (booking advised)
- Adult changing facilities (booking advised)
- Four-wheel mobility scooters (booking advised)
- Accessible toilets on all floors, except Level 5
- Baby changing facilities
- All stand alone access toilets feature clos-o-mat toilets
- Large Print guides
- Lifts to all floors
- Subtitles on a selection of BALTIC films available on Level 2
- Magnilink print enlarger in BALTIC Library (booking advised)
- iMacs with built in access facilities in BALTIC Library
- Hearing loops are located at the Hello Desk, BALTIC Shop and BALTIC Kitchen
- Web Accessibility Language and Toolbar
- Visual Stories
Available on request prior to your visit:
- Braille, audiotape, descriptive tours, sign language interpreted tours
- Personal guidance
To book these facilities please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 478 1810.
BALTIC has multiple baby changes. These are located in BALTIC’s Learning Lounge (Level 2), Event space (Level 1) and on the Ground Floor, where there is a singular baby change room as well as baby change facilities in both the female and male bathrooms.
If you require nappies, wet wipes or any other assistance please ask at the Hello Desk, or speak to a member of BALTIC Crew who can assist with providing these for free.
Sanitary products are available for free upon request, please ask a member of BALTIC Crew and they will be happy to provide these.
Further accessibility information:
- Uniformed assistance dogs are welcome
- Blue Badge Holders park for free. Contact security via the intercom on exit.