Contemporary art and visual culture reference library and research space.
Drop-in for free Wednesday-Sunday 10.00-17.45.
BALTIC Library is an informal research space that houses a specialist collection of over 13,000 books on contemporary art and visual culture. You can search and browse the online catalogue at balticplus.uk.
Free public wi-fi is available in BALTIC Library for accessing the online catalogue and digital archive, containing thousands of images, documents, videos and audio recordings about BALTIC exhibitions. You can connect on your own device or use the iMacs available. There is also a photocopier/scanner.
If you have specific access needs or would like help to use the Library, you can make an appointment for a supported visit, available on request by email to email@example.com.
If you have an enquiry about an educational group booking to BALTIC Library please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.
BALTIC Library information & guidelines:
● Under 16’s must be supervised by an adult.
● BALTIC Library is reference only, this means that the books or magazines can’t be borrowed or taken from the Library space.
● You can search and browse for books using our online catalogue: balticplus.uk. Within each book record there’s a shelf location, which tells you where in the Library the book is located.
● There are lists of the categories and subjects on the wall and on top of the shelves to help you find your way around the Library.
● If you would like to access magazines or other material in BALTIC’s Archive collection please make this request at least 72hrs in advance by emailing email@example.com
● BALTIC’s Zine Collection and Artists’ Books collection can be viewed by appointment please make this request at least 72hrs in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
● Food or hot drinks are not permitted in the Library – drinks from bottles with secured lids are fine.
● Library users are welcome to use BALTIC’s free wi-fi and access the Internet using their own devices or the Library computers. Please be aware that Internet use is monitored and we reserve the right to ask anyone to leave if they are viewing inappropriate content.
● Do not download or transfer any personal data or images to the Library public computers. Use of flash drives, memory sticks and cards is restricted in line with our responsibility towards your data protection.
● Do not leave any of your belongings unattended in the Library.