Explorers is a dynamic collaborative programme of art and action that opens up routes into artistic practice for neurominorities, dismantling attitudinal and systemic barriers to representation and rights in art and society. It is a national creative programme increasing the visibility and representation of neurodivergent artists in contemporary visual art.
The Explorers Project:
- Creates platforms for neurodivergent artists.
- Creates pathways for cultural organisations to deepen their understanding and commit to inviting neurodivergent people and carers into their spaces.
- Works towards changing the discourse of how neurodivergent artists are positioned and described in culture.
Explorers Project Partners:
- Action Space
- Into Art
- MK Gallery
- Outside In
- Project Art Works (Lead Partner)
- Venture Arts
- BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art
The Explorers Project is supported by Arts Council England and the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.