Wed 12 Feb 8.00
Free, booking essential
We're delighted to invite you and your colleagues to BALTIC's Business Breakfast on the morning of Wednesday 12 February from 8.00-10.00. We'll be joined by leaders of the ambitious Gateshead Quays Regeneration, who'll be speaking at this business networking event.
The meeting focuses on up-to-the minute plans for the world-class cultural waterfront destination including an arena, hotels, conferences facilities, bars and car-parks between the iconic heritage structure of BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art and the modern landmark building of Sage Gateshead.
Chief Executive of Gateshead Council, Sheena Ramsey, alongside Peter Udall, Service Director (Council Housing, Design & Technical Services) will outline to delegates the impact the build will have on renewing economic growth in the region. Mark Gibson, Managing Director for the Scotland and Northern Region at Sir Robert McAlpine, who have been appointed to deliver the £260 million development, will focus on the transformation of the heritage site of Gateshead Quays to meet the needs of today's users and visitors. The developer, Ask:Patrizia, will further outline the scope of this truly exciting waterfront complex designed by leading architect firm HOK. Richard Waterhouse, CEO of NBS, will consider how the whole industry has digitised and cover the transformation of design and construction.
This is a timely, must-attend meeting for stakeholders and business leaders in around the Newcastle/Gateshead quays area. In addition, public and private sector organisations across the North East with interests in the Built Environment sector are all welcome. The meeting is convened by B.PARTNERS, BALTIC’s corporate membership networking for locally headquartered national and international firms. The meeting is sponsored by the Newcastle based international firm NBS.
8.00 Breakfast and networking
8:35 Opening by Sheena Ramsey, Chief Executive of Gateshead Council
8.40 Regeneration of Gateshead Quays – Enhancing a World Class Cultural Reputation
• Overview of Gateshead Council's ambition to further develop a world-class, waterfront destination between the iconic heritage structure of BALTIC and the modern landmark building of Sage Gateshead
• Revealing the broader development opportunities and wider regional implication
- Peter Udall, Service Director (Council Housing, Design & Technical Services), Gateshead Council
8.50 Regeneration of Gateshead Quays – A new Arena and Conference Centre for the Region
• Contextualising the project in a region with a global reputation for its cultural and leisure offer
• Mapping the development on the iconic Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside, including a 12,500-capacity arena; 6,300m2 of conference and exhibition space; two hotels, bars, restaurants, car parking and extensive areas of public realm
- Neil Pickup, Project Director, Ask Real Estate & John Rhodes, Director Sports & Entertainment, HOK
9.05 Digitising the Industry: The Transformation of Design and Construction
- Richard Waterhouse, Chief Executive, NBS
9.15 Transforming the Heritage Site of Gateshead Quays to Meet the Needs of Today's Users and Visitors
• Overview and planning for success
• Developing outstanding relationships with public and private sector stakeholders
• Connecting with the local community to reflect the ambition of the project
- Mark Gibson, Managing Director Scotland & Northern Region, Sir Robert McAlpine
- Anjana Raj, Regional Community Manager, Sir Robert McAlpine
9.30 Speaker questions
Catering provided by Fresh Element
Event sponsored by NBS