In Conversation: Material Making in the North
Thur 12 July £7* 18.00-20.00 Booking essential
Join design and innovation consultancy MaterialDriven alongside pioneering material makers for a focused panel discussion around manufacturing, research and design of new and existing materials created in the North. This session will feature a preview of the mobile app ENDURE which was created by Ben Bridgens and Debra Lilley providing designers with input on how materials change and evolve over time in response to particular ‘stimuli’. There will also be physical samples of materials and work from the speakers, all of which the audience will be able to engage and touch after the talk.
- Purva Chawla, Founder and Director, MaterialDriven
- Adele Orcajada, Director, MaterialDriven
- Ben Bridgens and Debra Lilley Researchers at University of Newcastle (Material Aging)
- Jane Scott, Teaching Fellow, University of Leeds (Phase changing textile)
- Ehab Sayed, Founder of Biohm (Mycelium composite), University of Newcastle PhD student
- Christa Leask, Founder, Material Evolution Lab (Yorkshire)
- Hannah Croft, Founder, MUUNA, Designer and Artificer
- Mandy Leeming, Design and Development Manager, Interface
Supported by Ryder Architecture
*Concessions available: Students, 60+, Unwaged. Proof of eligibility may be requested on entry. Prices not inclusive of booking fee.